Sunday, July 08, 2007

triple sevens

07.07.07 was LIVE EARTH day. basically, a day to tell everyone to GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND DO SOMETHING TO SAVE THE DYING EARTH. on this day, wearing green signified that you actually CARED, and are willing to do something about it (at least second thoughts).

to think of it, i wouldn't be surprised if the generation we are in now would experience an almost-dead earth, although sources predicted that that would happen in about a hundred-plus years. the rates of destruction are speeding up real quick, so don't be astonished if it happens at an exponential rate.

this day made me realise how selfish man is, actually. we can get into our cars, travel far for convenience, and worry about things such as stupid rising petrol prices, the idiot who cuts into your lane and whether you'd be able to smoke that guy at the traffic light with your turbocharged vehicle. hardly anyone actually bother about how much pollutants they release from their transports.

on the way to CIP yesterday (i WAS taking public transport and WAS wearing green), my playlist picked out a song that made me ponder about the destruction of the earth. i put it in the context of "a voice from the earth to its people", where i saw it as a message the earth would, if it had the voice, tell all of us.

"Starlight"--Muse
Far away
This ship has taken me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die
Starlight
I will be chasing a starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore
Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms
My life
You electrify my life
Lets conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive
I'll never let you go
If you promise not to fade away
Never fade away
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms
I just wanted to hold.
think about it y'all. let's do something while we can.

No comments: